Muzikkon 7-course Descant Lute is a beautiful short necked sized lute. Descant, refers to its size; placing this lute just above the alto lutes. It usually carries 13 nylon strings in 7 courses with a scale length of 19.75" (500mm).
The European lute is featured in instrumental music from the early Renaissance to the late Baroque periods. Its early origins are vague, but its real heritage comes from the Egyptian Oud. There is evidence of the lute in Europe as early as the 12th century, but it really became popular in the 15th century, falling out of use around 1800. The lute enjoyed a revival with the early music movement of the twentieth century and has grown in popularity.
• The body has a classic bowl back fashioned from Rosewood staves.
• Neck is made of Rosewood.
• Fingerboard is made of Ebony.
• 8 tied nylon frets, 4 wooden frets
• Its peg box is aesthetically decorated Rosewood tuners.
• European spruce soundboard with pearwood bridge, and Rosewood end pin.
• Suggested tuning is: A4, E4, E4, B3, B3, G3, G3, D4, D3, A3, A2, G3, G2
• This lute has a scale length of 500mm. It has 8 nylon frets and 4 rosewood frets.
Try before you buy!!
Visit our South Dublin Showroom.
Contact us for information on our showroom opening hours.