Muzikkon’s 7-course Descant Lute is a beautiful short necked sized lute. Descant, refers to its size; placing this lute just above the alto lutes. It usually carries 13 nylon strings in 7 courses with a scale length of 19.75" (500mm). The European lute is featured in instrumental music from the early Renaissance to the late Baroque periods. Its early origins are vague, but its real heritage comes from the Egyptian Oud. There is evidence of the lute in Europe as early as the 12th century, but it really became popular in the 15th century, falling out of use around 1800. The lute enjoyed a revival with the early music movement of the twentieth century and has grown in popularity.
• The body has a classic bowl back fashioned from Lace wood and Walnut wood staves.
• Neck is made of Lacewood
• Fingerboard is made of Walnut.
• 8 tied nylon frets, 4 wooden frets
• It’s peg box is aesthetically decorated lace-wood with Walnut tuners.
• European spruce with a Walnut wood bridge, and Walnut wood end pin.
• Suggested tuning is: A4, E4, E4, B3, B3, G3, G3, D4, D3, A3, A2, G3, G2
• It also includes padded gig bag and extra string set
Comes with 3 Year Muzikkon warranty and 30 days money back Guarantee
Try before you buy!!
Visit our South Dublin Showroom.
Contact us for information on our showroom opening hours.